Saturday, November 16, 2013

Introduction, by Jelsa

No, I'm not writing a book called Introduction. Sorry to disappoint. I suppose I am introducing myself though, so hello writing and non-writing world! Some know me by other names, but my personal preference is Jelsa. Call me Jellyfish, Jelly Belly, Jelly (which happens to be my shipping name with my boyfriend), or any other creative nickname that you can think of for me, as long as it's not demeaning or rude.
I'm a fifth of a century old, and have been writing fiction ever since around age 14. I've written 40 novels, have 5 in progress, and many more short stories and poems floating around as well. Counting just the novels I've written, I just hit 1.8 million words of fiction written ever since I started this wonderful journey.

Lately, I've been trying to take previous works I've written and get them ready for the public. I'm in the querying process with a novel and considering starting it with one I've recently finished. My posts will probably consist of me talking about my strengths: psychology in fiction writing, dialogue, grammar, and how to write realistic, yet intriguing and entertaining general fiction. In case you can't tell from my picture, I'm Asian-American, so I may also write some posts on what it's like growing up as one to better help you guys write about us.

Other interesting things I've done in my life: I made a 100x100 multiplication chart when I was in the seventh grade, I play piano, violin, and guitar like a stereotypical Asian and have the ability to semi-play about 5 other instruments, I've only ever dated long-distance (apart from visits) and this is my first and only relationship, and I plan to adopt as many kids as my house can hold when I'm old enough to. Why do you guys care? I have no idea. You can decide that for yourselves.

Find my Facebook page here and my Wattpad page here.

(P.S. One of my favorite things as an author is when people tell them I made them cry. Yes, I'm one of those writers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment