Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ali: An Introduction

Hello all, I'm Alicyn but, to spare you the trouble of having to pronounce that, just call me Ali. I'm a twenty-one-year-old former college student--it's hard paying of of pocket on your own--turned full time lifeguard in Wisconsin. I'm currently living in a small apartment across town from my parents with a lovable gentleman who cheers me and my writing on and a regally-named black cat who seems to be good luck. In my spare time not writing, I knit, play vidja games and stick my nose in library books to inhale their literary genius.

I've been writing since my early years of middle school when my fifth grade teacher enthused that I should continue writing this dark mystery about who shot my character and the rest is--as they say--history. I've tried many genres yet I feel most at home writing fantasy and paranormal fiction. After eleven years of writing countless stories that would eventually collect virtual dust, I finished the first draft of my first novel, the Guardian Heir, which I'll start the rewrite in a few days (November 5th). I've also got a few other books I'm circling through while working on tGH: Cerulean (its 'sequel'), the Black Cat Curse and Blood Moon--all four of them I'd like to get published eventually. I spent most of my writing career writing young adult but now I'm trying to venture into new adult. 

I'll mostly be blogging about books I've read and what I've learned on my magnificent--and not so magnificent--journey in writing. My day(s) for blogging are Tuesdays so keep an eye out for me. ;)

Edit: I forgot to leave something very important!

I've got my own little blog! Feel free to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment