Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Presenting: Rae

Photo © Melissa Vigil
Everyone else was using 'Introduction' or 'Intro' . . . I thought I'd switch things up a bit.

*coughs* Moving on.

The name's Rae. Most people call me . . . well, Rae; it's a nickname, and it can't get much shorter than that. As of today, I am a 19 year old college student at New Mexico State University, and for some reason I was ambitious enough to shoot for a double major in Creative Writing and Computer Science. When I'm not making a fool out of myself in front of my roommate, I tend to shut myself up in my room with music, movies, and my laptop, and people won't see me for hours at a time.

I like to dream, and I like to do things that make me happy. Life doesn't have an appeal to me if I'm somewhere I don't want to be, which is why I'm doing everything possible to get myself out of my current state and into somewhere new. The only thing I've ever wanted since I started writing in 2008 is to share my characters and stories with the world; becoming published one day would be a dream come true.

As of yesterday, I have three completed novels under my belt; the most recent is currently my pride and glory. I write clever little mixes of dystopia, science fiction (bio-mechanical engineering, anyone?), and occasionally throw in a post-apocalyptic world where anything is possible; each of these genres are aimed at young adults. Anything I post on this lovely little blog will more than likely have to do with characters and the psychology of how they work, how to work with inspiration, and what to do when you have absolutely no idea what to do with your life.

When I'm not writing, I tend to imagine myself somewhere . . . else. Wonderland is my fantasy, and while I don't believe I'd survive the Hunger Games after the first day, I like to believe that I'd have a considerable amount of skill in surviving the zombie apocalypse.

Maybe.

(A girl can dream, right?).

If you'd like to stay more up-to-date on what's really happening in my writing, you can visit my Facebook page with one little click right about . . . here.

No comments:

Post a Comment