Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Introduction: Amber

Greetings everyone! The name's Amber Elzinga. Elzinga is my maiden name and while I have often thought of taking on my married name for my writing career, Elzinga just has a unique flare to it that I can't ignore and it's just stuck with me. I'm currently twenty-two years old and happily married to my best friend. We are expecting our first child at the end of January but I get the feeling that the silly little munchkin will want to come sooner than that. He's an incredibly active baby and I wouldn't be surprised if that triggered labor in December or early January, not that I will be complaining since I sure know I can't wait to meet the little one! Who knows though. Anything could happen. I just hope everything turns out okay no matter what does happen.

In my spare time, all writing aside, I like pinning up a storm on Pinterest, watching Netflix with the husband, playing on my PlayStation 3, sometimes watching my husband play on his PlayStation 3, reading, and dreaming of how life might be like once the new addition to our family has arrived. I foresee many sleepless nights ahead of me and in case you are wondering, I am currently twenty-nine weeks pregnant but tomorrow (the 21st) I will be 30 weeks pregnant. 

When it comes to my writing, however, that is a slightly sketchy topic which bums me out but I'm trying. I have several stories in the progress including several rewrites and new ideas are coming to me everyday. Writing can be a bit of a challenge for me which again bums me out but I try to stay positive regardless. I always seem to lack the inspiration or perhaps the drive to write. I fully believe that I am in a funk with my writing and I can only hope I get out of the funk soon. Maybe having this baby might help. Perhaps that there is wishful thinking but a girl can wish, right?

You can find my Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment