Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Night Before . . .

Alas, we have finally reached the day commonly known as Christmas Eve - though, in some places, it already is Christmas. And Christmas Eve is just one of the many eves some people may celebrate during the year, with New Year's Eve being another common one. Technically, there could be an eve happening every day!

Now, what exactly IS an eve?


eve

ēv/
noun1.
the day or period of time immediately before an event or occasion.
"on the eve of her departure he gave her a little parcel"
synonyms:day before, evening before, night before; 
"the eve of the election"
period (just) before

So there is the exact definition of 'eve'! 

One eve less commonly known that I celebrate each year is NaNoWriMo Eve, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

It was the night before NaNoWriMo, 
and all through the house,
CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS
as writers drove themselves to the edge of insanity
while trying to figure out their last minute plots.

I'd say that sums it up pretty accurately. 

What other eves do YOU celebrate? Feel free to share in the comments below!

Writing Challenge #1

Write a scene where your protagonist is anxiously preparing for a huge event occurring the following day. What last minute preparations must they make? Are they nervous about seeing anyone in particular at said event? How do they feel about attending this event?

Writing Challenge #2
Your protagonist is on winter break. Their mother sends them to go pick up some gift wrapping supplies. At some point during the errand, your protagonist witnesses a chilling sight that no one else noticed. What did they see? How do they react? Why did nobody else notice?

And since it is the night before Christmas, and we are in the infamous season of snow (or sunshine, depending on where you live!), I shall not hesitate to recommend some lovely books relating to the holidays, snow, and/or winter in general!
  1. FAR FROM YOU, by Lisa Shroeder
  2. LET IT SNOW, by John Green, Maureen Johnson, & Lauren Myracle
  3. THE SIGHT, by David Clement-Davies
  4. SHIVER, by Maggie Stiefvater
  5. LIFE AS WE KNEW IT, by Susan Beth Pfeffer
  6. TRAPPED, by Michael Northrop
  7. IF I STAY, by Gayle Forman
  8. AFTER THE SNOW, by SD Crockett
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all!

-Kristin

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete